Re: 2.2.17 Kernel

Subject: Re: 2.2.17 Kernel
From: Tony Yazbeck (tyazbeck@bigfoot.com)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 06:48:07 MST

Hi,

Quick question...does using yup update, put everything new in the right
places? What I mean is, if it updates my system say with the new kernel,
will it automatically delete the old one? the same for everything else? From
my experience the last time I used yup update was that during boot time, I
got several 'FAILED' messages because the system was pointing to the old
kernel, which it couldnt find. One of the things that stopped working was my
sound because it was one of those things that failed during startup. Is
there a 'clean' way of updating the system that takes out any pointing to
the old kernel and keeps my sound?

Thanks again in advance

Tony