raidtab -- It worked!

Subject: raidtab -- It worked!
christopher.murtagh@wcg.mcgill.ca
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 09:45:15 MST

Just an updater for anyone trying to get softraid to work:

 I managed to get raidtab to work and I can now mount two 36GB drives as 1
single 72GB drive (raid0). What I did to make it work was simply upgrade
to CS 1.2.1! Damn!

 I still get a strange error message at bootup however (even though
everything works), wondering if anyone might know what is the cause:

 I get the message:

Invalid argument: /dev/md0

and my raidtab file is:

raiddev /dev/md0
   raid-level 0
   nr-raid-disks 2
   persistent-superblock 0
   chunk-size 8

   device /dev/sdb1
   raid-disk 0
   device /dev/sdc1
   raid-disk 1

 Any ideas?

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada