Re: DSL situation

Subject: Re: DSL situation
From: Howard Shere (hshere@greendragon.com)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 09:52:57 MST

> Sorry if this strikes anybody as off-topic, untrue, mean-spirited or
> generally disrespectful. I've had to deal with a lot of ignorant crap over
> the years trying to do high-end things with the Mac, and just flat-out
> lying through my teeth has proven to be the best strategy when dealing
> with ISPs and the like. I think it's in the best PPC Linux tradition to
> respond to a platform question with "that's none of your business."

More ISPs should be like us. We use MacOS in our server room for Radius, Web
Servers, DNS, and FTP. Until recently we used MacOS only. Now we have 2
Linux machines.

Our competitors actually tell people who call them with Macs that they
should call us and sign up because they don't know how to support Macs. If
they only knew. 7% of our customers use MacOS (some on Powerbook 180c class
machines and the like) and only 0.1 % of our support calls are from MacOS
customers. I wonder why this is?

 Gridz 1.3 ---- www.gridz.com ---- NetSpace will never be the same again
Howard Shere | Green Dragon Creations | Water Valley Interchange
President | 301 N. Main St. | P.O. Box 70
Software Sculptor | Water Valley, MS 38965 | Water Valley, MS 38965