Re: Kernel Building Update.

Subject: Re: Kernel Building Update.
From: Kitt Thompson (omegaman@theshop.net)
Date: Tue Oct 02 2001 - 22:11:44 MDT

Hey Tim, thanks for the info on the updated Modutils. I nabbed
them from the YDL site and installed them as per your instructions.
But, it didn't fix the problem. I get the same messages upon boot
time. I ran depmod -a while under the new kernel and it gave me
a whole bunch of Unresolved symbol messages. Almost as if none of
the modules loaded.

What exactly is the Unresolved Symbol message trying to tell me?

I'm reading through the How To on modules to see what I can
come up with.

Aloha
Kitt

--On Monday, October 1, 2001 12:35 PM -0700 "Timothy A. Seufert"
<tas@mindspring.com> wrote:

> So now you have to download an updated modutils RPM from Yellow Dog Linux
> and install it. Forgot to mention it before, but the version that
> shipped is missing a file which is needed by the kernel build process to
> do modules right.
>
> ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/updates/yellowdog-2.0/ppc/RPMS
> /modutils-2.4.3-1b.ppc.rpm
>
> then (as root) do:
>
> rpm -Uvh modutils-2.4.3-1b.ppc.rpm
>
> Then rebuild your kernel and modules, install them, and you should be
> good to go.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
-H.S.T