bootX install failure on a 7500

Subject: bootX install failure on a 7500
From: Christenson, Shane (STP) (Shane.Christenson@guidant.com)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 11:20:14 MDT

I am new to the list and could not find a similar problem in the archives.

I am relatively new to Linux but I have successfully installed YDL2 on my
iMac DV and have been having a great stable time for the past month. Last
night I pulled the old 7500 off the shelf and took a stab at an install.
Partitioning and installing MacOS 8.1 went off without a hitch. When it
came to installing BootX things did not go so well. everything appeared to
be cool as the files were installing but at about the 100th file an alert
popped up with a file not found error. The alert covers the install window
so I can't see the file that is not found. a couple of attempts later and
still nothing. in the past I was able to get bootX to install off the
linuxPPC-2000 cd but that distro was crashing all the time and with a good
iMac kicking away it has been a low priority to get the 7500 working..

My question finally; Can I use the bootX install form the linuxPPC distro
and use the YDL2 install? or has anyone seen this problem before and knows
what to do about it?

thanks
Shane