depmod questions.

Subject: depmod questions.
From: Kitt Thompson (omegaman@theshop.net)
Date: Thu Oct 04 2001 - 09:42:58 MDT

I am about to use depmod to create the dependencies file for a kernel
I just finished building. Reading the man page for depmod, I am left with
the impression that I must do something more than "depmod -a" while I'm
still
using the, now, old nernel version. The description mentions versioned
symbols and that I should use the output of /proc/ksyms as the argument for
depmod -F <ARGUMENT> if I am using versiond symbols.

What is a versioned symbol and how do I know if I am using them?

Are my suspicions correct, and I will have to execute "depmod -aF<argument>"
to build a valid dependency table?

Kitt

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
-H.S.T