EtherTX-10/100 Comm Slot II card

Subject: EtherTX-10/100 Comm Slot II card
From: Patty A. Hardy (pathardy@pythagoras.org)
Date: Sat Oct 06 2001 - 02:32:54 MDT

Greetings to the list. I have installed Yellow Dog Linux 2.0
(2.2.19-1k) on a 6500/300 wiith a Farallon Fast EtherTX-10/100 Comm
Slot II card. The parameters I gave to netcfg -- static IP address,
netmask, router address, DNS addresses -- work under the Mac OS, but
so far no go under YDL. Looking at the netmonitor app, it looks as
if attempts to ping the router or other machines in the LAN go to the
local loopback rather than eth0. I've checked ifconfig and dmesg, it
appears the card has been recognized. Any suggestions?