Re: EtherTX-10/100 Comm Slot II card

Subject: Re: EtherTX-10/100 Comm Slot II card
From: Patty A. Hardy (pathardy@pythagoras.org)
Date: Sun Oct 07 2001 - 11:16:20 MDT

>Greetings to the list. I have installed Yellow Dog Linux 2.0
>(2.2.19-1k) on a 6500/300 wiith a Farallon Fast EtherTX-10/100 Comm
>Slot II card. The parameters I gave to netcfg -- static IP address,
>netmask, router address, DNS addresses -- work under the Mac OS, but
>so far no go under YDL. Looking at the netmonitor app, it looks as
>if attempts to ping the router or other machines in the LAN go to
>the local loopback rather than eth0. I've checked ifconfig and
>dmesg, it appears the card has been recognized. Any suggestions?

A follow-up to my own message: problem solved by searching google.com
and finding a reply written by Paul J. Lucas in January 2001 to an
earlier query about comm slot cards in the 6500.

It is necessary to reconfigure the kernel and specify the Tulip
ethernet driver (CONFIG_DEC_ELCP). Once I did this, the network card
worked fine.

Patty A. Hardy