Re: Apache question

Subject: Re: Apache question
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 21:49:41 MDT

Brian Mayton's bits of Thu, 11 Oct 2001 translated to:

>I have basically the default apache config file running, with a few minor
>adjustments. I have userdirs set to be public_html, and they seem to work
>fine, except for one thing. If you just go to a particular user's folder
>without specifying a file, like, say http://xxxx.dyndns.org/~bmayton/ you
>get a forbidden message. If you go to
>http://xxxx.dyndns.org/~bmayton/index.html the page comes up correctly.

You might want to try undoing whatever changes you made to the
config. With my install, index.html worked fine as a default right
out of the box, even with UserDir directories.

>Oh yeah, one more thing: on my Mac OS X box I used to be able to restart
>apache by typing "apachectl restart" as root. How can I do this on my YDL
>server?

The apachectl file didn't make into the .rpm file. You can
restart with /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd restart

Jim