Network set-up changes

Subject: Network set-up changes
From: Mark Jaffe (wizards@wizdev.net)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 11:59:29 MDT

Hi, All. I consider myself a Linux expert, but this issue has me stumped. I
installed YDL 2,.0 on my dual-604e 8500 and had it installed at my Co-Lo in
preparation for switching out my old MkLinux box. When I did the install, I
set the network for static IP, which I had running for a few weeks.

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed the server had dropped off the net, so I
asked around and someone suggested the built-in Ethernet might be an issue.
I decided to bring the server back home to do some maintenance, purchased a
PCI NIC and installed it. Now at home, I can't use the static IP, so I need
to switch it temporarily to use DHCP. That is the issue, how can I switch
the network settings temporarily so I can debug at home then switch back
when I go to the Co-Lo?

Interestingly enough, the machine is showing up on the network as an
AppleTalk machine, ince atalkd is running! I can open a directory up on my
Macs, but can't telnet into it. I love Linux!!

Mark
Mark Jaffe | (408) 972-9638 (home)
Chief Wizard | (408) 807-1530 (cell/page/voicemail)
Computer Wizards | (425) 795-6421 (FAX)
wizards@wizdev.net | http://www.wizdev.net/