Get 'install' to run on a PowerMac 5500

Subject: Get 'install' to run on a PowerMac 5500
dcoker@panix.com
Date: Tue Oct 16 2001 - 08:51:32 MDT

Hey

I've got a PowerMac 5500 that I'm trying to install YDL 2.0
on. I've downloaded the /ppc/install subdirectory, burned
a CD and managed to install BootX.

I'm aware there was a special version of BootX to do text only
on certain Old World Macs, and I've tried both with identical
results.

When I click on the 'LINUX' button from the BootX control panel,
the screen clears, I get about five messages (very fast) the
last being 'booting'.

And thats it.

I never see anything from the Installer.

I was talking to some folks on IRC, and they suggested clicking
the 'no video driver' radio box but that didn't change anything.

Can anyone help? Sorry to bug you guys, but I've tried to resolve
it and have even found two messages on this lists with the same
machine and same problem, but apparently no happy ending.

Thanks for any information /suggestions you might be
able to give me.

Take care

Dave Coker