Re: Mounting software in Terminal window

Subject: Re: Mounting software in Terminal window
From: Paul J. Lucas (pauljlucas@mac.com)
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 10:08:58 MDT

On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, Brian L. Friesen wrote:

> I've put every command and "httpd" entry I can locate into the terminal
> window and all I get is either "no such file or directory".

        Daemons are typically started via /etc/rc.d scripts
        automatically at boot or manually like:

                /etc/init.d/httpd start

        Of course, the files have to be installed there. MySQL is
        started in a similar way.

> I've read through the Yellow Dog instructions, the KDE Manual, the Apache
> site and several sites for beginning Linux.

        I guess you have to read some more. I'm sure all necessary
        documentation about starting Apache is either included with or
        available on the Apache site.

> Is there a secret code book somewhere that tells how to mount all of this
> stuff?

        Disks are mounted, not daemons.

        - Paul