Re: Airport and 2.4 kernels

Subject: Re: Airport and 2.4 kernels
From: David Wheeler (david@wheeler.net)
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 20:59:59 MDT

On Tue, 2001-10-16 at 20:27, Dan Burcaw wrote:

> /sbin/modprobe airport
>
> then use iwconfig to setup your network's parameters.
> The 2.4 driver no longer accepts arguments as part of the module loading.

I seed in lsmod that airport is loaded now without even running
modprope. Cool! I hope to figure out how to get it working with iwconfig
tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I find that, with this new kernel, when I wake my TiBook from
sleeping, the trackpad no longer works properly. The pointer's movement
is scattered, and it forgets how to tap, drag, etc (I have
"TRACKPAD_OPT=drag" in /etc/sysconfig/mouse). I have to reboot to get it
work properly again. Any way to fix this?

Thanks,

David

--
David Wheeler                                         AIM: dwTheory
David@Wheeler.net                                     ICQ: 15726394