kernel config problem

Subject: kernel config problem
From: Scott Shanafelt (sgshanaf@chartermi.net)
Date: Thu Oct 18 2001 - 02:24:01 MDT

Hi,

I am having trouble with my power mac 8500 and the custom kernels I
compile for it. I attempt to remove all but the necessary from the
2.4.12 kernel source, and it runs ok, but as soon as I use my built in
MESH Ethernet adapter (esspecialy in x win for some reason), it gives an
error. This error actually prints out right over the xwindows desktop
like a console (black background). Anyway, soon after it will just lock
up solid. I'm certain it is the kernel since the default kernel with
yellowdog 2.0 works fine.

Any smart guru's out there that can give me any pointers to tracking
down my problem?

Thanks,
Scott Shanafelt