Re: JDK v1.3.1 PPC

Subject: Re: JDK v1.3.1 PPC
From: Kevin B. Hendricks (khendricks@ivey.uwo.ca)
Date: Fri Oct 19 2001 - 12:17:57 MDT

Hi Graham,

> All of the above is v1.3.0 - I am specifically looking for v1.3.1 - does
> anyone have a local copy of it anywhere?

Not unless they have broken into my home machine. I have not publicly
released jdk 1.3.1 yet due to some issues in how Mozilla keeps changing
its java plugin interface. It also has yet to be tested with the JCK yet.

So unless a few extra volunteers join Blackdown to support JDK
development, it will be a while yet before anything is released.

What do you specifically need jdk 1.3.1 for that can't be done with jdk
1.3.0? I have found nothing that absolutely requires jdk 1.3.1 yet.

If you are absolutely desperate, I may be able to make a test binary for
you but I really need to have some evidence that jdk 1.3.0 won't work for
you first.

Kevin