Re: Sound Issues

Subject: Re: Sound Issues
From: Neill Miller (neillm@thecodefactory.org)
Date: Fri Oct 19 2001 - 19:36:38 MDT

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001 21:26:52 -0400 (EDT)
Michael Tucker <mtucker@eecs.harvard.edu> wrote:

> but nothing comes out. Also, I would prefer to have sound come out of the
> speaker port on the back isntead of the internal speaker, but I am not
> sure how to set that up. Any ideas? I'm running YDL2 (straight off the
> CD) on an 8600/300.

Hello,
        I can't speak for other machines, but my Powerbook G3 (Firewire) can use the configuration settings available in the Gnome app called GMix (Mine's /usr/bin/gmix). From there you can control the volume, whether or not to use the speakers, etc. I hope that works for you too!

-Neill.

--
http://www.thecodefactory.org/neillm