Stablest Latest Kernel ;)

Subject: Stablest Latest Kernel ;)
From: Michael Tucker (mtucker@eecs.harvard.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 19 2001 - 20:39:32 MDT

Hey,

  One more question... Does anyone have recommendations on what is the
optimal kernel for an Old World system? I am not doing anything fancy, and
I don't have any pressing issues at the moment, but I figured that it
would be best to keep on top of my kernel version, so as to avoid future
problems. I have considered going to the 2.4 kernels, but I am worried
that they will break things that are already working. Any Old-Worlders
have any suggestions?

Also, I noticed that ssh is not set up in any meaningful way for incoming
access, and none of the configuration files seem to be present. Reading
back through the list there has been some debate over what versions of
openssh to use, has there been a resolution or am I stuck without incoming
access for the moment? I assume that I can set up ssh the way it would be
done on any other linux system, but given the peculiarities of the Mac, i
figured it was safest to check before i went ahead and set it up. Any
pointers on either topic would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike