Re: using yup appropriately? or at all

Subject: Re: using yup appropriately? or at all
From: Donn Tarris (donntarris@telus.net)
Date: Fri Oct 19 2001 - 23:53:25 MDT

On Friday, October 19, 2001, at 07:07 PM, Dan Burcaw wrote:

> YDL 2.1 isn't yet on FTP sites.
> See previous emails on this list regarding
> why and when it will be available.

I've been attempting to yup version 2 just in case there's anything new
from the CDROM, but it continually fails after reading the database. It
seems it can't find the local yup database file after doing all the
checking... although the file it's looking for is there. The only
difference seems to be that the path to the item starts at root (/)
whereas the error starts out with (//)...

Any thoughts?

Or should I wait to yup into 2.1?

Thank you!

ps. This is rather interesting, as I'm also working with OS X Server on
an unsupported Mac upgraded with a G3 card. My linux work preceded the
OS X release by about 8 months and helped immensely. Love that
enlightenment though, makes me what to get my other Mac up and running
with YDL 2.1 quickly - but alas, MOL doesn't support a 601/120
anymore :-(

cheers all,
Donn