Re: [OT] Tech support commentary

Subject: Re: [OT] Tech support commentary
From: Chuq Von Rospach (chuqui@plaidworks.com)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 11:54:26 MDT

On 10/21/01 10:29 AM, "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@home.com> wrote:

> Tech support is a difficult job.

Www.userfriendly.org

Those who've never done support might find it funny. Those of us who have
know it's a documentary.

Chuq (over a decade in the trenches, first with Sun, then with Apple)

Count me as someone who bought support for Yellowdog, not because I ever
figured I'd need it, since I've been involved with Unix since the V6 days,
but because it's important that companies like Yellowdog have enough revenue
to make sure they STAY companies.

Those of you waiting for the ISOs, please remember that. If Yellowdog
doesn't get the money, there will be NO ISOs. And if you don't pay your
part, those of us who do are subsidizing you.

There's no free lunch. Those who think so are merely hurting all of our
future.