Installing YDL

Subject: Installing YDL
From: Mark Brethen (mbrethen@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 12:56:40 MDT

As a former LinuxPPC user, I purchased yellowdog 2.1. While waiting
for it to arrive at my doorstep, I decided to downloaded 2.0 from the
ftp site and install it just to familiarize myself with yellowdog.
I've followed the install guide but have been unsuccessful in
installing it on my second drive. I posted to this list two weeks
before and received zero feedback, so I'll try again.

For some reason, the installer does not give me the option to install
from the hard drive, so I burned the files onto a cd. When I ran the
installer again and selected cd/dvd (which is the only choice listed)
it kept telling me to insert the cd (as if it was not able to read
the cd).

If this is what I have to look forward to with 2.1, I may ask for a
refund and upgrade to OS X. Can anybody help me? I have a beige G3,
two scsi drives, an internal cd and external yamaha 8424 cd burner. I
have mac OS 9 on the first scsi drive and I'm trying to install
yellowdog on the second scsi drive.

--

Mark mbrethen@rochester.rr.com