Re: Installing YDL

Subject: Re: Installing YDL
From: George Mogiljansky (mogiljan@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 13:46:53 MDT

Hi Mark,
I, too, have a beige G3. You need to consult the
yellowdog install guide for Old World Macs. It works,
but be
patient. But, I wasn't able to hook up to the
internet.
Cheers
George

--- Mark Brethen <mbrethen@rochester.rr.com> wrote:
> As a former LinuxPPC user, I purchased yellowdog
> 2.1. While waiting
> for it to arrive at my doorstep, I decided to
> downloaded 2.0 from the
> ftp site and install it just to familiarize myself
> with yellowdog.
> I've followed the install guide but have been
> unsuccessful in
> installing it on my second drive. I posted to this
> list two weeks
> before and received zero feedback, so I'll try
> again.
>
> For some reason, the installer does not give me the
> option to install
> from the hard drive, so I burned the files onto a
> cd. When I ran the
> installer again and selected cd/dvd (which is the
> only choice listed)
> it kept telling me to insert the cd (as if it was
> not able to read
> the cd).
>
> If this is what I have to look forward to with 2.1,
> I may ask for a
> refund and upgrade to OS X. Can anybody help me? I
> have a beige G3,
> two scsi drives, an internal cd and external yamaha
> 8424 cd burner. I
> have mac OS 9 on the first scsi drive and I'm trying
> to install
> yellowdog on the second scsi drive.
> --
>

> Mark
> mbrethen@rochester.rr.com

=====
/'\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
\ / No HTML/RTF in email
 X No Word docs in email
/ \ Respect for open standards

Love your neighbour as yourself. (from Luke 10:27)