Keyboard issues on a rev A iMac YDL 1.2??? (Newbie)

Subject: Keyboard issues on a rev A iMac YDL 1.2??? (Newbie)
From: Adam Barrow (poopsie_81@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 01:37:23 MDT

Hey everyone!
I've been watching the list for the last few weeks (while I stumbled round
my old YDL installation trying to get it working) and would like to start
off by explaining that I am a newbie. Make that a stubborn newbie who's been
banging his head for a while. Any help or suggestions here would be most
appreciated!

I have an installation of YDL (1.2 I think - Dec, 99?) on a rev A iMac.
Catch: I haven't used this computer in about a year, and when I recently
started using it, I upgraded the MacOS to 9.2. Which meant that I got to
spend about 2 weeks installing yaboot (seemed really hard to do without any
Linux environments, but it was probably me). I finally have yaboot
installed, and was able to boot the YDL 2.0 rescue image (from
ftp.yellowdoglinux.com) using a 2.2.19 kernel from benh. (I was sooo proud
of myself!) From there, I was able to repair my root partition, and after
some messing around got the keyboard mapping to work correctly in the
console (after removing the loadkeys section from rc.sysinit) - but only
when I boot at runlevel 2! If I try and boot into any higher runlevel, the
keyboard mapping is all wrong - like ? becomes space and k becomes enter
etc...

Can anyone point me in the right direction here, please? I think what I need
is a correct keymap file? and instructions on how to install it (correct
rc.sysinit?). I know the easiest would be to get a YDL CD and re-install,
but at the moment, I don't have the original install CD, a CD burner or any
money (since I'm out of work :( ). In the long run, I intend to purchase
2.1, but I'd like to get YDL running for now, if possible.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
Adam Barrow