Re: Problems generating a raid0 device

Subject: Re: Problems generating a raid0 device
From: Christopher Murtagh (christopher.murtagh@mcgill.ca)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 13:45:21 MDT

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Alexander Holst wrote:
>I am experiencing trouble in making a raid0 device with two of my
>drives. Running mkraid /dev/md0 gives the following output:

<snip>

>Anyone got some clues? What am I missing here? The installation is a YDL2.0
>Home/Office with the default kernel.

YDL 2.0 didn't ship with a recent enough raidtools kernel patch. I had the
same problem as you and the only solution I found was to upgrade to a 2.4
kernel and then everything worked like a charm.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Sysadmin Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada

Tel.: (514) 398-3122 Fax: (514) 398-2017