Re: Keyboard issues on a rev A iMac YDL 1.2??? (Newbie)

Subject: Re: Keyboard issues on a rev A iMac YDL 1.2??? (Newbie)
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 14:22:42 MDT

Adam Barrow's bits of Mon, 22 Oct 2001 translated to:

>some messing around got the keyboard mapping to work correctly in the
>console (after removing the loadkeys section from rc.sysinit) - but only
>when I boot at runlevel 2! If I try and boot into any higher runlevel, the
>keyboard mapping is all wrong - like ? becomes space and k becomes enter

Hi - Are you sure that you can't get to runlevel 3 without the
key mapping becoming trashed? My understanding is that the
difference between 2 and 3 is very small, involving only a bit of
network functionality; nothing that should involve keymaps. Just
checking since not being able to go from 2 to 3 is very different
from not being able to go from 3 to 5.

Jim