Routing Question

Subject: Routing Question
From: Barry Sparenborg (barrys@jorsm.com)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 19:48:14 MDT

Well its been 2 years now and i can finally get DSL in my area. I have been
using my Linux box (powermac 8500 and ydl champion server 1.2.1) as my
router, firewall and masq server sharing a dial-up connection with 4
comuters on my home network (works great but very SLOW!!!!!). I now want to
get DSL and also retain a PPP connection to my place of work. My question
is how to set up my routing table to use the DSL link as my default gateway
and how to route calls to my place of work through ppp0. I would assume
that i would point my works networking addresses that are 172.16.xxx.xxx
through ppp0 (i also want to bring this interface up on demand) and all
other through eth0 (my DSL interface). Is this the correct thinking. Any
helpfull hints. Can i masq 2 interfaces?

Thanks,

--
Barry