Re: Stablest Latest Kernel ;)

Subject: Re: Stablest Latest Kernel ;)
From: Michael Tucker (mtucker@eecs.harvard.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 00:42:22 MDT

Hi All,

  Sorry to be so general and wishy-washy with my last e-mail, I was
tired, and kinda wanted someone to just give me the right answer. I keep
forgetting that isn't a good idea =->

  My machine is exposed to the Internet, and to be honest, given the
experiences of people on the same subnet, probably under some scrutiny. I
have a few friends running RH7.0 on Intel machines (and some Sparc Linux
folks) who have been attacked (some successful, some not). Can someone
suggest some decent references for securing YDL vs other Linux systems
(I've hunted those down without trouble)? I figured getting an appropriate
kernel might be a good place to start, but that was an uninformed
decision. Again, my apologies for my poorly phrased/intentioned questions.

Mike