Re: Keyboard issues on a rev A iMac YDL 1.2??? (Newbie)

Subject: Re: Keyboard issues on a rev A iMac YDL 1.2??? (Newbie)
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 00:48:03 MDT

So you can boot to runlevel 1 and the key map is correct at the
console, but if you then change to runlevel 3 (or 2) the key map
is no longer correct while working at the console? Sorry, but I
am not sure what this would imply.

Are you currently using a kernel newer than what came with the
distribution? If you are using one of the later 2.2.x kernels,
the problem might be due to a kernel using the new input layer
with a distribution configured for older kernels. What is in your
/etc/sysconfig/keyboard file? With the new input layer, I think
you are supposed to avoid loading any mac-* maps with loadkeys.
If /etc/sysconfig/keyboard lists something like mac-us-latin1, it
should be changed to us-latin1. About half way through

http://home.munich.netsurf.de/Franz.Sirl/inputppc.html

there is a brief discussion of this issue.

Adam Barrow's bits of Mon, 22 Oct 2001 translated to: