Installation Problem

Subject: Installation Problem
From: Ben Ricker (rickerb@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 07:35:18 MDT

I have a problem installing YDL 2.0 on a PowerBase 240 with a Powerlogix
G3 upgrade card. I have only one 16gig hard drive with 2 HFS+ partitions
and 3 APPLE_UNIX_SRVR2 partitions. I know that YD suggests that you
install Linux on a separate hard drive, but I installed Champion Server
1.2 with no problem a year ago.

Here is what happens: I boot into the text install from CD using BootX
with no problem. I setup my partitions and begin the package
installation. Then, I get this error:

./timezone.py(144) doList()

Using pdb, I get the following info:

Error on line 144: dir_list=os.listdir(path)

And here is where the function starts:

142 defdoList (self,path,list): #FIXME os.path.walk would be better.

Does the #FIXME indicate a bug? Or am I looking at a problem with
installing YDL on the same HD as my MacOS partitions?

Ben Ricker
System Administrator
Wellinx.com