OpenOffice doing wierd things

Subject: OpenOffice doing wierd things
From: Bob Patton (max_patton@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 13:15:07 MDT

I've got a relatively recent installation of YDL 2.0
on a beige G3 with OpenOffice638B installed.

For some reason, I could run it normally as root but
when I ran it as a normal user it would die upon doing
a save (and sometimes upon typing a space) complaining
that it had been started with an invalid parameter.

But things have now degraded to where, no matter who I
start it as, I get the (rather irritatingly
persistent) splash screen for a few minutes and then
the whole thing just goes away. I launched it from the
command line and the command just returns with no
errors shown.

Am I missing some environment variable or have I
installed it improperly? Is this the wrong list on
which to post this question?

Thanks for any help,

Bob Patton