YDL 2.1 Install: It worked ... almost

Subject: YDL 2.1 Install: It worked ... almost
From: Mark Brethen (mbrethen@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 17:13:53 MDT

Thanks to all who tried to help me with 2.0, however 2.1 arrived
yesterday and the installation went smoothly (my problem must have
been the cd image I burned). When I booted into Linux the first thing
I noticed was that the screen resolution was incorrect. So, I checked
the archives and found that by modifying the XF86Config file, I
could set the proper resolution. I have two questions that I haven't
found an answer for: 1) Is the viewable area supposed to take up the
entire screen area? (I know this is minor but I'm used to having a
black border in mac os) and 2) The screen flicker is driving me
crazy. In mac os I have my monitor set to 832x624 @ 75 hz which is
very stable. I have a viewsonic e655 monitor and a beige G3 (no
special video cards installed)

--

Mark mbrethen@rochester.rr.com