filesystem stuff on an 8600

Subject: filesystem stuff on an 8600
From: Pete (pete@linuxfreemail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 20:30:38 MDT

I have 2 internal drives on my G3-upgraded 8600. MacOS 9 starts up from the
second partition of one drive; I've deleted the file system from what would
be the third. (The first is tiny and insignificant.)

YDL 2.0 runs off the second drive.

How can I use YDL to put an HFS file system in all that empty space?

/sbin/fdisk does not recognize the partitions...it complains about not
seeing the right DOS stuff (???)

/sbin/pdisk does not exist (???)

and if I boot from a RAM disk and use the disk formatting portion of the YDL
installer, there is no HFS option. (True, it looks as though bootloader is
the same as HFS...but I don't know how to get a file system on there.

mkfs -t hfs does not work, apparently there is no HFS support here.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

- pete -
--------