PowerMac 9600/ATI Rage Orion 16/YDL 2.0

Subject: PowerMac 9600/ATI Rage Orion 16/YDL 2.0
From: Chris Ruprecht (chrup@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 23:57:20 MDT

Hi all,

Since I got the CDs, I'm trying to install this - to date to no avail.

Machine = PowerMac 9600 with NerwerTech G4/400
RAM = 224 MB
Drives are formatted for Linux/MacOS - YDL 1.2.1 (Champion Server is running!)
Video = ATi Rage Orion 16 (MB)
Screen = KDS 19"

When I boot the vmlinux from the YDL 2.0 CD, I get the first few
bright lines, the last line saying "booting ..." and nothing happens
afterwards.
It sits there for a few minutes and eventually reboots.

What do I have to tell it to show the penguin and start the booting process?
It worked just fine with CS 1.2.1 but I want to have the accelerated
XFree server (4.x.x) for the ATi card and that needs YDL 2.x.

I'm trying this since May this year to no avail ...

Regards,
Chris

Chris Ruprecht
Network grunt and bit pusher extraordinaíre