Help! YDL 2.1 on PowerMac G4/800DP w/ 17" Studio Display (ADC)

Subject: Help! YDL 2.1 on PowerMac G4/800DP w/ 17" Studio Display (ADC)
From: Carl F. Hostetter (Carl.F.Hostetter.1@gsfc.nasa.gov)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 14:02:40 MDT

I'm a complete newbie to Linux, and have just received and installed
the new YDL 2.1. release on my PowerMac G4/800 Dual Processor with a
17" Studio Display (ADC).

Things went well except for the video. It looks to be 8-bit, and the
color scheme is bizarre (orange and purples predominate), yielding an
ugly, almost illegible display.

During the install I chose the proper monitor (17" Studio Display),
the correct resolution (1280 x 1024), and even typed in "linux
video=aty128fb:vmode:14" at the boot prompt, as directed in the
installation guide (last page, for LCDs).

Can anyone tell me how to get my display working properly?

Thanks,

Carl Hostetter