Remotely rebooting a crashed server

Subject: Remotely rebooting a crashed server
From: Sam Moore (samiwas@macconnect.com)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 15:16:17 MDT

Hey gang.
Anybody know a solution for restarting a crashed server remotely?
(Actually eth0 goes deaf, but it's effectively the same thing).
I used to have a little ditty called a Power Key Pro on my Mac
servers that allowed me to dial in and force a reboot through the
telephone - also it could be configured to sense server death and
restart unattended - is there such a thing for YDL?

--
Sam Moore <smoo@lungta.org>

Personal: http://www.lungta.org (not ready yet) For the clan: http://smhtf.lungta.org Work: http://www.ewcreative.com

"Good and bad, happy and sad, all thoughts vanish into emptiness like the imprint of a bird in the sky."