HELP!!! - "The installer was unable to mount the CD/DVD"

Subject: HELP!!! - "The installer was unable to mount the CD/DVD"
From: Chip Witt (chip.witt@westwave.com)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 15:46:37 MDT

Just received my copy of Yellow Dog 2.1 in the mail today. In the process of trying to install on my Powerbook G4 Titanium I received a message saying, "The installer was unable to mount the CD/DVD".

Being that I'm an old-hand with x86 Linux distros, I ordinarily would not panic with such a message...I would simply make a boot floppy from the install CD and move on. My panic flag was raised immediately when it dawned on me..."I have no floppy drive".

The CD is obviously mountable, as the installer boots properly, but when you do a "Custom..." install the selection of media as "DVD/CD Drive", you get the unmountable error. You get the same error taking the "Default" install option.

If you've seen this before and have a suggestion for me to try, please get in touch with me...PLEASE!

Thanks.

CW

--

Chip Witt Sr. Network Administrator Westwave Communications

463 Aviation Blvd. Santa Rosa, CA 95403 (V) 707-284-7237 (F) 707-591-9413 (E) chip.witt@westwave.com

"Today, wealth is no longer best defined as ownership of land, goods, capital or labor. It is knowledge and knowing how to use it."