Re: filesystem stuff on an 8600

Subject: Re: filesystem stuff on an 8600
From: pete (pete@linuxfreemail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 16:52:52 MDT

Because it's formatted with Apple's driver; there is no way to add a
partition to a disk without reformatting the disk.

If there was a mountable partition on there, I could choose "erase disk"
from the "special" menu to reformat...but there's not, so I can't :) Also,
if I'd been smart and formatted the disk originally with HDT or
silverlining, I'd be ok...but I wasn't, so I'm screwed.

Of course, my info may be out of date, so I'll try booting from my
Silverlining CD and from a recent MacOS CD with Drive Setup when I get home
just to be sure.

Even if I can solve this specific problem from the MacOS side, I'd like to
figure out how to use utilities like fdisk, pdisk, and mkfs without running
into the problems I described below. So, any suggestions are still quite
welcome!

- pete -
--------