Re: SAMBA

Subject: Re: SAMBA
From: Malayil Philip George (georgemp@mac.com)
Date: Sat Oct 27 2001 - 12:22:20 MDT

Hi,
        If you are using Win 98 and up windows is sending a encrypted
password. So, you either have to create a encryted password file for
samba to use or enable plain text passwords in windows. The second
option is pretty simple to implement. Instructions for this can be found
in docs/Registry of your samba source code. Other than that u will just
need to add a linux user with the same loginname on your windows
network(not sure if this is necessary). Hope this helps :-)

George