Re: Better than YDL and OSX

Subject: Re: Better than YDL and OSX
From: Brian L. Friesen (bfriesen@visual-image.com)
Date: Sun Oct 28 2001 - 10:41:54 MST

Steve;

Thanks for your note. Actually, I didn't even read most of the
replies I received. I figured I would be flamed plenty. I just have
reached the end of my patience. I have worked with enough engineers
to know that they think everyone is stupid if you don't want to read
endless books and dream in code.

Unfortunately, the problem with a remote host is the lack of control.

I currently use XO and I am not unhappy with their service, there
just isn't enough choices. I need a local staging server so that I
can build out and test ideas using various techniques, from Filemaker
Pro to mySQL and PHP.

Mac OS X Server comes with Apache and the wonderful "human" interface
that Apple is so famous for which helps set everything up.

Thanks again for your note. It was the only one I read.

Brian

--
Brian L. Friesen

-- End User Advocate --