SANE HowTo

Subject: SANE HowTo
From: Mark Brethen (marbre@dhcp-159-66)
Date: Sun Oct 28 2001 - 11:29:28 MST

Newbie question:

I've installed ydl 2.1 and it looks like sane was installed (I installed the
Development Workstation package). I have an Epson Perfection 1640SU hooked up
through USB. When I type 'scanimage --list-devices' in a Konsole window, I
get the following response: 'No scanners were identified.' I uncommented 'usb
/dev/usbscanner0' in /etc/sane.d/epson.conf but It still doesn't recognize my
scanner. I checked out the SANE website but it totally confused me. Is there
a HowTo on scanner setup somewhere?

Mark

--

Mark Brethen mbrethen@rochester.rr.com