Re: Take me off this list as well.

Subject: Re: Take me off this list as well.
From: Ted Goranson (tedg@sirius-beta.com)
Date: Sun Oct 28 2001 - 10:10:55 MST

>I am switching to Mac OS X Server. It's expensive, but I know it
>will work and allow me to do what I need to do.
>
>Better keep working on it Yellow Dog. Maybe eventually you can live
>up to your marketing. I only wish I could get my money and my time
>back.

My world differs from yours. My commitment to and experience with the
Mac is deep. I hope to go back to it some day, but for the kind of
work I need to do now, Unix is it, Linux is close enough and YDL
ain't bad.

I don't think there is ANY linux distro that gets around the fact
that Linux is a mess and special knowledge and tricks are required.
But OS X just ain't there yet.

When you buy into YDL, you buy into a community with that special
knowledge. This list is what makes YDL. Don't give up without trying
it.

Best, Ted

--
Ted Goranson