Re: Easy way to set up Samba and netatalk?

Subject: Re: Easy way to set up Samba and netatalk?
From: Darron Froese (darron@froese.org)
Date: Sun Oct 28 2001 - 13:09:19 MST

I have some samba rpms that should install just fine on stock YDL-2.0:

ftp://ftp.froese.org:21/rpms/ydl-2.0/samba/2.2.2

download all the .ppc.rpm's and then do this:

rpm -i samba*ppc.rpm

That should install it.

You will need to do a couple things after that:

1. Configure the smb.conf to your liking - that file lives in /etc/samba
folder.
2. Add yourself to the smbpasswd file using the sambpaswd utility - usually
you can just do this as root:

[root@buzzsaw samba]# smbpasswd -a username
New SMB password:
Retype new SMB password: