Re: Hot complaints about YDL 2.1

Subject: Re: Hot complaints about YDL 2.1
From: SFalken (sfalken@citlink.net)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 08:08:17 MST

> Like YDL is getting better and better but is not as stable and easily
> configurable as Slackware is, right now? Basically I see no point in
> saying that Slackware is NOT any better then YDL unless you want Dan to
> feel good despite the evident; denying problems don't make them go away.
> Andu

I didn't find YDL unstable or hard to configure, honestly, of course, I'm
used to RH style distros, having run MkLinux for years on my older nubus
machines. The only real stability problems I've found is that XMMS breaks my
xserver every time I fire it up (so I just use mp3blaster), and NFS, on the
recieving end, is a little flaky on large transfers, but I think that's a
problem with the 2.2 kernels, and not the Distribution, IIRC.

                        --Shawn