Re: v 2.1 problems

Subject: Re: v 2.1 problems
From: Charlie Watts (cewatts@frontier.net)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 05:38:33 MST

Immediately after rebooting, check the output of "dmesg". Is it finding the card?

If not:

Say "lsmod". Does 'tulip' show up as a loaded module?

If not:
Try adding "alias eth0 tulip" into /etc/modules.conf.
Run "depmod -a", and then "modprobe eth0".

Watch for output, then do an "lsmod" and see if it shows up now.
Do another "dmesg" and see if there are comments about the driver being
loaded (or failures to load...)

If that fixes it, great; If not, forward the output of your dmesg to me or
the list.

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Michael Barcroft wrote:

> The Powerbase has the Dec chip set with the tulip driver... On a
> simpler level, as I said, it works just great in v2.0 of YDL but 2.1
> the interface is dead (it looks like a hardware problem). We have
> troubleshot like mad, the /sysconfig setup and /etc network files are
> identical. I reformatted the drive and reinstalled 2.0 and everything
> works great. Yep, the ethernet the Dec chip set with the tulip
> driver, beyond that I don't know. Any ideas????
>

> >What type of ethernet chipset?
> >Perhaps it is compiled as a module.
> >

> >On Thursday 25 October 2001 05:05, you wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > > My first question short and concise, YDL 2.0 runs just fine
> > > on my Powerbase 200, v2.1 the ethernet is dead. Anyone experiencing
> > > problems as such after the upgrade??? Any ideas as to a fix ???
> > >
> > > Michael Barcroft
> > > GeeX Inc.
> > > 303-987-9517
> > > mwb@geex.com
> > >
> > > "Just keep thinkin Butch thats what you're good at..... "

> Michael Barcroft
> GeeX Inc.
> 303-987-9517
> mwb@geex.com
>
> "Just keep thinkin Butch thats what you're good at..... "

Charlie Watts
cewatts@frontier.net
Frontier Internet, Inc.
http://www.frontier.net/