Ybin and mkofboot problems

Subject: Ybin and mkofboot problems
mpople@orbeng.com
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 18:47:02 MST

Hi list
Ive got a problem dual booting osX and ydl2.0, the yellowdog installer seems
to want to install the boot loader into osX bootpartition and not the one i
create,
so i lose the choice to boot linux, i boot of off the rescue disc and mount
my root partition under /root, and edit yaboot.conf i think ive got
yaboot.conf setup ok, but when i run ybin or mkofboot i get a very similiar
error
mkofboot: ofpath could not be found,aborting
or
ybin: ofpath could not be found, aborting
hda12 is my boot partition i created during the ydl2.0 install, hd14 is my
linux root partition
if i try to use mkofboot -o hd:12
i get the above messages

What am i doing wrong ?
coz im booting of of the rescue CD i can read my man pages.
Mark

PLEASE TAKE NOTE:

The contents of this email (including any attachments) may be
privileged and confidential. Any unauthorised use of the contents
is expressly prohibited. If you have received this email in error,
please advise us immediately (you can contact us by telephone
on +61 8 9441 2311 by reverse charge) and then permanently
delete this email together with any attachments. We appreciate
your co-operation.

Whilst Orbital endeavours to take reasonable care to ensure
that this email and any attachments are free from viruses or other
defects, Orbital does not represent or warrant that such is explicitly
the case

(C) 2000: Orbital Engine Company (Australia) PTY LTD and its
affiliates