Re: Better than YDL and OSX

Subject: Re: Better than YDL and OSX
From: Timothy A. Seufert (tas@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 20:38:55 MST

At 5:52 PM -0600 10/29/01, Nathan A. McQuillen wrote:
>TS -
>
>It was not my intention to start any fires --

Then stop this self-righteous nonsense. I refuse to be forced into
the mold you want me to fit in. I do not intend to push nontechnical
people away from Linux and I do not believe in "cryptic is good". Do
not accuse me of such again (whether directly, or indirectly by once
again using me as the stepping stone for a rant on the topic).

Your presumptions about my goals and level of consideration are
incorrect. Pay attention to context; I was responding to a twit, or
at least somebody temporarily behaving like one (as we are all wont
to do at times). I carefully constructed my words in the hope that
if it was the latter, the recipient would be jolted into realizing he
was at least partially in the wrong.

P.S. Tools like webmin give one a nice way of turning the knobs, but
they cannot meet the needs expressed at the beginning of this whole
affair, or at least so I perceive. You still need to know a good
deal about what the knobs are and what is going on behind the scenes
to use webmin effectively.

P.P.S. To forestall yet another round of your misinterpretations,
the P.S. is neither endorsement nor criticism of the described state
of affairs.

--
Tim Seufert