YDL 2.0 Install and jp106 keyboard problem

Subject: YDL 2.0 Install and jp106 keyboard problem
From: Ted O'Neill (mailtedoneill@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 20:44:52 MST

I've returned to YDL after a long hiatus. (Installed YDL a year ago or so and
then had to put the Mac in storage as I roamed)

I got my hands on an iMac and installed YDL 2.0. Very easy. I selected English
as the language and selected jp106 keyboard (that was what I had handy at the
time). jp106 shows in the boot up messages, but the keyboard mapping is all
wrong. The brute force approach of buying a used US Apple extended keyboard
worked like a charm. Plugged in and recognized properly despite the jp106
selection. I didn't change anything.

I guess the problem is solved, but I'd like to understand what happened here,
point out this perhaps rare combination of events, and maybe go back to that
jp106 keyboard. Any pointers?

Thanks,

Ted O'Neill