Re: Quicksilver and nVidia

Subject: Re: Quicksilver and nVidia
From: ../randydog (yellowdog@randys.org)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 22:09:43 MST

well, i've gone and installed ydl again, but I am waiting til
the nVidia support becomes more stable/available/easy to deal
with. i can't wait...i used to run lppc on me old gossamer, but
i'm excited to see how ydl stacks up. so far, the install
process was a little less challenging than lppc2000...

i'm still interested in trying out devel drivers for the nVidia
card though if anyone has any good pointers on how to get it
working...i would be most thankful. :)

tia

On Tuesday, October 30, 2001, at 11:17 AM, dog wrote:

> has anyone got the test kernels/xfree working correctly for the
> nVidia card? i d/l the iso and installed YDL the other
> day...much to my surprise, KDE was in 8 colors. i guess i
> should have read up a bit more.
>
> if so, was it a fairly easy task? anything one should know
> before diving into such a task? i've completely scrapped the
> install so I will be starting from scratch.
>
> tia
> --
../randy