Re: Wanna By some Disks cheap

Subject: Re: Wanna By some Disks cheap
From: Andy Hocker (hocker@fnal.gov)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 22:33:58 MST

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Charlie Watts wrote:

> > So my question is, when I go to install YDL 2.1 (haven't received
> > my CD yet 'cause I ordered the "Getting Started" book too), should
> > I try to install with the additional memory in there, or would that
> > be too dicey?
>
> Can you boot with that additional memory into MacOS? If you can boot, try
> launching something that would use lots of memory, and see if it crashes.

Yep, I booted into MacOS, ran Netscape and a bunch of other
stuff simultaneously, and it handled them like a champ.

> Most of the time when somebody says "I just bought new memory, and it
> doesn't work." something is wrong with the memory ...

Doesn't *appear* to be the case here, but I don't know how
to be 100% certain...

> You can't remove the first 32 MB - it is soldered on.

I suspected as much.

Andy

Andy Hocker office: CDF trailer 168-O
University of Rochester phone: (630)-840-8622
Fermilab/CDF - M.S. 318 fax: (630)-840-2968
PO Box 500 e: hocker@fnal.gov
Batavia, IL 60510 batting average: .466