Re: Wanna By some Disks cheap

Subject: Re: Wanna By some Disks cheap
From: Timothy A. Seufert (tas@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 00:12:14 MST

At 4:16 PM -0800 10/30/01, Dan Calhoun wrote:
>The last time I let it go for an hour, no change. The mouse is locked, and I
>have to restart the whole process again. I'm so frustrated that I cleared
>all the YDL off my computer and put it on the shelf......

Ah. If the mouse is locked it's probably really crashed. I think I
could still move the mouse cursor around and switch to different
virtual consoles.

Since you say it is stable with other operating systems, if you're
still interested in tracking it down you might try swapping all the
RAM out (if you have other RAM to put in the machine). I have seen
situations where one OS just happens to not exercise a bad location
in a memory module and another does, producing crashes in one and
apparently stable behavior in the other.

>I'm not computer ignorant, I have reverse engineered the mac trickle PS and
>am able to take an ATX supply and use it to run a mac...with fully
>functioning softpower off and on, there is a web page regarding my 8500 mods
>in a PC case..........

xlr8yourmac.com by any chance? I did the ATX beige G3 and ATX B&W G3
articles for Mike. :)

--
Tim Seufert