Re: Strange, man...just plain strange!

Subject: Re: Strange, man...just plain strange!
ghannon@cspi.com
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 09:50:57 MST

Chip,

From what I've seen there is no need to do anything with the small boot
partition except create it.
The installer does what ever needs to be done.
I've not tried 2.1 but on 2.0 that's the case, and I can't imagine it
changing.

I just specify mount points on the ext2 partitions I create. ( / is done,
I add /usr, /home, and /scratch)

I also have not had to touch open firmware during the install either.
Mileage may vary on different systems (?). I've been working with
new-world only.

/boot is a directory on the root partition that contains kernels and System
maps, etc.
The boot partition is a different animal all together, and was correctly
described in another email.

Have you already tried using this approach?

It takes a little more than 40 minutes, I would guess, but not much more.
( I do the "everything" install.)

Good luck,
G. Hannon

Chip Witt <chip.witt@westwave.com> on 10/30/2001 09:56:19 PM